2023-05-31

Problem with using self-built GDAL in Docker

I am trying to prepare an Ubuntu 22.04 Docker image with GDAL 3.2.2. This GDAL installation needs to have ECW support, which means I cannot use the pre-built gdal-bin package that can be installed using apt.

I can build and install GDAL with these specs in the Docker container. But when running a simple test command on a simple tiff file I get an error that I have no idea how to debug.

$ gdalinfo --version
GDAL 3.2.2, released 2021/03/05
$ gdalinfo test.tif
Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Files: test.tif
Size is 572, 577
Aborted (core dumped)

The steps I took was starting with a regular Ubuntu 22.04 Docker image. Installing prerequisites (gcc and stuff). Downloading the ECW SDK. Install that. Download the source of gdal 3.2.2. Configure the build to include ECW. Use the make file to build and then install.

If I do not use a self-built GDAL but rather install gdal-bin using apt directly, it works for the tiff file, but it would mean I have no ECW support.

I have also successfully built and used GDAL with ECW directly on Ubuntu 22.04 without Docker.

Does anyone know a solution for this or have any idea in which direction I could look to potentially debug it?



No comments:

Post a Comment