2023-05-23

How to compare google-generated apks with appbundle

I published my first android App in the play store. Since google manages the signing keys, I need to rely on google to publish my app and not modify it. To verify my package, I downloaded all the distributed APKs, extracted them and tried to compare them to my original uploaded appbundle file. A lot of the files differ and I don't know why.

Is there a way to easily compare these archives or to reproduce the steps google took to modify the files?

Edit: I had a deeper look and basically the files are now at different places. E.g the playstore moved all property files from base/root to base, the base/dex/classes.dex to base/classes.dex, base/root/kotlin to base/kotlin. All .xml files changed (probably compressed).

Keep also in mind to extract apks for all architectures and all resolutions to compare all files.

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment