2021-06-30

Programming a feature on YouTube for class project

I'm currently enrolled at Flatiron School in New York in the data science bootcamp, which goes from June to September. Bootcamp culminates in a large capstone project of our choosing. I am an avid YouTube user and I like to think the AI that chooses songs based on past choices 'gets me'. I noticed a feature I wish existed and thought it might make a good final project for class.

I'm deep into a My Mix on my phone and I'm jamming out big time, when I suddenly think of a song I've gotta hear. I go to search for A Whole New World from Aladdin, find the perfect version, and select the video. Now My Mix that I was so far into, working and refining has been abandoned after listening to the hit classic from Aladdin. I have to start again at the beginning.

My proposed feature is: While listening to a My Mix a person can swipe down and search for a song they'd love to hear. They tap and hold on the version they want and the option screen appears with a new prompt asking –

Merge with current mix

simulation of screen with new option The user taps on this option and now A Whole New World is either placed next in the queue of My Mix or played instantaneously in place of the current My Mix song.

I'm not even sure if something like this is within the realm of possibilities, being that I don't work for google. I just thought it would make for a cool capstone project. Let me know either way when you get a moment.

Thanks, nate



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/3y3rdWY
https://ift.tt/362XXUd

No comments:

Post a Comment