2021-06-29

Android build RP1A.200720.012 T500XXU3BUF2 has wedged @UIThreadTest

Our Samsung Galaxy Tab7 worked for many months. It ran tests from the Android-Studio editor, and from the adb command line. Then right around June 2 it requested a software update, and I absentmindedly acknowledged the button.

After it updated, Espresso tests worked, but tests using @UIThreadTest end prematurely with 'Tests Cancelled\n0 passed.'

So we got a new Samsung Galaxy Tab7, and I configured it for development, and it mostly worked correctly. This time, the adb fails on random assertions, while when the editor invokes the same tests, they pass.

Then I allowed the tablet to update to the latest build, and the @UIThreadTest problem came back. I will now introduce a third tablet, this time NOT allow it to update, and get back to work.

I am aware that real programmers don't write automated tests, but how do I appeal to Android? The AndroidStudio button "Submit Feedback" is apparently for bugs in AndroidStudio, not Android.



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/3AauBB4
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment