2020-12-27

It seems that my webapp is using too much memory

I am creating a web app. This app has two parts. One is the web UI (React/Redux/Socket.io) and the other is the rest API (Python 3.9/Flask/SQLAlchemy/Socket/Postgres).

I have started to realize the my app is using too much memory. This I can realize from using the Chrome's Task manager feature.

My app is currently using around 250MB while other sites that I have looked at are using considerably less memory.

I guess my questions at this point in time are

  1. Is 250MBa lot? I guess its a lot, but I wanted to have it confirmed.
  2. How can I bring it down? I am indeed putting some large JSON objects in memory , so that could be increasing the memory footprint, but that is something that I must be doing as I use that information across my whole app.

Please let me know what you think about this. Any help in the right direction would be well appreciated.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards!



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/34LP29u
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment