2020-12-29

Getting "`mkvirtualenv: command not found`" after installing virtualenvwrapper on Ubuntu 20.04 [closed]

On Ubuntu v20.04, I have just installed virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper using apt with the commands:

sudo apt install virtualenv 
sudo apt install virtualenvwrapper

I did not get any errors or warnings.

When I try to run mkvirtualenv, which is claimed to be in virtualenvwrapper, I get:

mkvirtualenv: command not found

This question presents an old solution (from 8 years ago) consisting of locating the file virtualenvwrapper.sh and adding it to the source.

However, this doesn't work anymore. When I type source "/usr/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh", I get

bash: /usr/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh: No such file or directory

When I use locate or find to search for this file throughout the computer, I get no results. When I type which virtualenvwrapper I get no result.

Trying to re-install the module again, I get:

sudo apt install virtualenvwrapper
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
virtualenvwrapper is already the newest version (4.8.4-4).
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 18 not to upgrade.

What to do?



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2Jq9jKm
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment