2020-12-28

iOS SamplerUnit stuck notes

I'm developing an AUSampler based application for iOS12.4x. It manages incoming MIDI messages through the MIDIReadProc handler. Initially I sent notifications from this handler to have it respond faster and allow uncoupling with the AU rendering thread.

However I noticed stuck notes (as if some note off messages werent't handled) when playing many note repeatedly at the same time. I then called MusicDeviceMIDIEvent directly from MIDIReadProc handler, however it didn't fix the problem. It seems the AU Sampler cannot manage such load ?

Is there a new AUv3 sampler unit available that could help ? I'm on High Sierra so I can't develop for iOS 13+ (I'm not using new AVAudioUnitSampler, just old AUGraph).

I both manage noteoff (0x8) and 0 velocity note on (0x9) messages to stop playing (calling MusicDeviceMIDIEvent with 0 velocity value).

UPDATE : using new AVAudioUnitSampler (and AVAudioEngine/AVAudioSession instead AUGraph) didn't helped.



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/2WJLKzf
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment