2021-03-28

w3wp.exe freeze/high CPU on startup with .NET Framework 4.8

OK I have an application that is implemented in ASP.NET 4.8 and runs with IIS. I am running it in Windows Server 2016 Containers (ltsc2016).

When I run the container, on startup w3wp.exe starts consuming a high amount of CPU (100% of a single core). The server does not respond to requests.

It never stops the pegged CPU state. If I take a dump, there are a number of threads from the C# compiler that are running, but none of my code is running.

My current working hypothesis is that it is some sort of compiler crash bug. This is because if I put in some code that auto-kills w3wp.exe if it becomes CPU pegged, then it restarts and comes back and behaves normally. I am using Roslyn and have updated to the latest version, no effect. I also tried ngen.exe, no effect.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/3szmlXi
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment