2021-03-31

How to export multiple parameters from JSON to AWS SSM Parameter store

I am trying to copy SSM Parameters from one account to a different account and different region. I have 100's of parameters which I have imported using get-parameters-by-path.

Now I want to export them to a and different region in a different account. When I add one after the other using :

aws ssm put-parameter --cli-input-json file:///../parameters.json --region us-east-2

With parameters.json as:

    {
      "Name": "/env/../../..",
      "Type": "String",
      "Value": "/env/../../.."
    }

it works without any issues, but I would like to know how I could export more than one at a time, I want them all to be loaded at once.

Here is the sample paramaters.json which does not work. It doesn't throw any error but prints the same again.

    {
      "Name": "/env/../../..",
      "Type": "String",
      "Value": "/env/../../.."
    },
    {
      "Name": "/env/../../..",
      "Type": "String",
      "Value": " "
    },
    {
      "Name": "/env/../../..",
      "Type": "String",
      "Value": " "
    }

I cannot use aws-ssm-copy because both are different regions in different accounts and I am also, modifying the imported values before exporting to the new account which is not possible with aws-ssm-copy.



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/31zxfjS
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment