2021-03-31

How to filter the Chrome console so you only see messages/errors from one content script/Chrome Extension?

I'm running a content script on a page for an extension I'm building. I simply want to see only errors and messages from that one extension in the Google Chrome console. I need to be able to make this happen without:

  • without blocking messages/errors from other extensions [like this post explains], since I have a ton of extensions and I might need to know about their errors in future and don't want to forget to unhide their messages/errors

  • without installing a fresh install of Chrome on a VM, using Chrome incognito, or something similar

What I've tried

  • filtering in the console using "chrome-extension://myChromeExtensionIDHere" showed my extension's errors, but that didn't show any console.log messages I was sending in my script in my extension.
  • url:chrome-extension://myChromeExtensionIDHere showed my extension's console.log messages, but didn't show the errors
  • clicking my "content_script.js" on the side, but that didn't capture all the errors resulting from my content_script (there were some listed under a different script)

This seems simple but am struggling to find a way to do it. How can I do this?



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/31wuXCj
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment