2021-03-28

KML/GeoJSON/Visualization/Automation help for a entry level Google Map Maker

https://sites.google.com/view/fa18c-flight-planner/home

Above is the google site that I created. What it intended at the beginning is for someone to use this site and the embedded google sheet to build a flight plan that returns good data for use in DCS World 2.5+. I was able to make my sheet, build a report in Data Studio, overlay a bubble map with navigation points and embed a link back in my site (https://sites.google.com/view/fa18c-flight-planner/home) for the end user to see with automation from sheets to the map in data studio and back to the site. Well this is where things got complicated: I use a program called CombatFlight that allows to export a lot of data with a KMZ file that I was created from combatflight automatically and stored on my C: and then able to upload to my google drive by mapping my computer to google drive with the sync and backup. I was able to use google earth web to trigger that data in my drive account to be pulled automatically. My problem is the layers that the KMZ file has was too much for maps and google earth was to busy to see all the information on the KMZ file due to the satellite view. So I reverted back to my original plan.

What I want to be able to do: Use my flight planner to build my flight/ coordinate data and have that data automatically pulled from my google sheet when ever I make a change. On the Map I want to also be able to see the weather, visualizations of the wind patterns, have a basic non colorful map, have the nav points connect with lines, have the navpoints labeled at 1,2,3.... and also be able to import the very busy KMZ file from CombatFlight as that has holding patterns, bullseye references, target information etc. I know this is a lot but I am running into either Maps will not populate enough data from the KMZ or will not automatically pull information from my sheet. It is I either use google earth that is too busy with a satellite view and have all the KMZ data, or use Maps without the layers I mentioned I would like to see above. I have limited programming experience which is limited to google sheets scripts from users on github. I can make API keys and understand basics of how to follow along.



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/3u47PXJ
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment