2023-04-19

Using a .so file in an android app? How can I access the hardware depth sensor on my (rooted) phone?

I'm building an application that requires the use of the depth sensor on my Samsung Galaxy A80. However it seems like it's impossible to access it through Camera2 and ARCore. I asked Samsung directly and the tech support guys best guess was that Samsung has locked it from being used by third parties.

I rooted my phone and started digging through the file system and eventually found a file called 'com.samsung.sensor.imx316.so' located in /vendor/lib/camera (imx316 is the depth sensor). There are also some similar files that ends in '.bin', but .so files seems to be runnable code if I understood the google results correctly.

That file has the same name as the sensor I can't seem to access. Can this file be used somehow? Can I run it in my own app to get access to the depth data? And if not, there should be a way of getting that data right? I mean, it obviously exists somewhere in the phone since pre-installed apps are using it, and a rooted phone has access to everything?



No comments:

Post a Comment