2023-01-26

Too many composite(multi column )indexing is ok?

Consider we have A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H columns in my table and if I make composite indexing on column ABCDE because these column are coming in where clause and then I want composite indexing on ABCEF then I create new composite indexing on ABCEF in same table but in a different query, we want indexing on column ABCGH for that i make another composite indexing in same table,

So my question is can we make too many composite indexes as per our requirements because sometimes our column in where clause gets change and we have to increase its performance so tell me is there any other way to optimise the query or we can make multiple composite indexes as per the requirements.

I tried multiple composite indexing and it did not give me any problem till now but still i want to know from all of you that will it give me any problem in future or is it ok to use only composite indexes and not single index.

Your answers will help me alot waiting for your replies. Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment