2022-06-20

SUM and multiply values in one row based on text in 1st column in excel

My goal is simple, but I can't find the solution as I'm not sure how to call it in general. I have a table with names of teams (column 1) and amount of items (column 3) which are assigned to them. Table is some kind of 'outcome' list:

Team A Date 200 pcs 2
Team B Date 300 pcs 4
Team A Date 20 pcs 6

and so on.

I would like to ask what function should I use if I require advanced return as example: if <A1:A> "Team B" then in <C1:C> * <D1:D> (which is also filtered only for current team). Function SUMIF (range, criteria, sum range) is something that is suitable for my request, but multiplying messed this up .

Is there anything where I can set range and criteria and just be sure I'm working only with Team A in my formula?



No comments:

Post a Comment