2022-06-24

Issues with Excel Textjoin, need a work around

I am trying to figure out how to setup a couple excel sheets that combs through ALOT of information. I can not display the actual excel sheet due to what's in it but I have recreated an excel that would do the same thing.

Excel Example

I am trying to get the dates to populate automatically when the CountIF finds something... Say, Blake shows up multiple times in the data range I need it to look through, I need all the dates or at least the most recent date to populate on its own in 1 cell next to the CountIf number or in the same cell as the CountIf.

The cell should display 06/22/2022, 06/29/2022.

I am using Excel 2016, I do not have a built in TEXTJOIN.

@scott, Thank you for responding, I added your TEXTJOIN UDF and I am getting a #VALUE! message in the cell. I tried with a cell that would return 1 date, no date, and multiple dates. The date format in the excel I can not show is 20220623, so I am not sure if that matters or not. I got it to work on the test excel sheet I made for the screen shot just not the one I need it to work on. The only difference is, the sheet im calling the data from is using -'s, numbers and letters in the cell, and the location I am calling the info to pop up on is on a different sheet so the formula looks like

=TEXTJOIN(",",TRUE,IF('SHEET2!E:E="example-A-1",'SHEET2!A:A,"")) 

Using this UDF

Function TEXTJOIN(delim As String, skipblank As Boolean, arr)
    Dim d As Long
    Dim c As Long
    Dim arr2()
    Dim t As Long, y As Long
    t = -1
    y = -1
    If TypeName(arr) = "Range" Then
        arr2 = arr.Value
    Else
        arr2 = arr
    End If
    On Error Resume Next
    t = UBound(arr2, 2)
    y = UBound(arr2, 1)
    On Error GoTo 0

    If t >= 0 And y >= 0 Then
        For c = LBound(arr2, 1) To UBound(arr2, 1)
            For d = LBound(arr2, 1) To UBound(arr2, 2)
                If arr2(c, d) <> "" Or Not skipblank Then
                    TEXTJOIN = TEXTJOIN & arr2(c, d) & delim
                End If
            Next d
        Next c
    Else
        For c = LBound(arr2) To UBound(arr2)
            If arr2(c) <> "" Or Not skipblank Then
                TEXTJOIN = TEXTJOIN & arr2(c) & delim
            End If
        Next c
    End If
    TEXTJOIN = Left(TEXTJOIN, Len(TEXTJOIN) - Len(delim))
End Function


No comments:

Post a Comment