2022-06-22

Git suddenly won't authenticate to GitHub automatically

I'm relatively new to git. I've been working on projects, pushing to and pulling from my GitHub repos. After I set everything up, all I needed to do was type git push origin main in the bash terminal and everything worked.

Earlier today, I wanted to push to a remote repo on GitHub. I typed git pull origin main exactly as I have a hundred times, but suddenly I get the error "fatal: Unable to persist credentials with the 'wincredman' credential store."

I've tried everything I could find. I unset my credential manager, deleted old credentials in Windows Credential Manager, tried creating a PAT. I finally managed to successfully pull/push using the PAT, but now I have to manually input my username and PAT every single time.

I have no idea what happened, but I would love to be able to push/pull from remote without needing to login.



No comments:

Post a Comment