2022-03-21

Chinese characteres are not properly rendered in CMD/Powershell

I have this rendering issue on Chinese characters on multiple console app: fzf, lazygit and vim (when running fzf).

I have set the chcp to 65001 as default, using the correct font for Chinese (so the displaying the characters themselves have no problem). And the problem occurs to 2 PCs I have, one running Win10 Pro, one Win10 home. I have also tried to set system locale to Chinese and Use Unicode NTF-8 for worldwide language support option. Both options result the same.

I suspect there is some generic system setting that I could have tried / missed out. Would appreciate if you could point out to me. Many thanks in advance!

enter image description here

enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment