2023-03-26

Troubleshooting Google Domains hosting with Amazon Route 53 -> Application Load Balancer

I have a domain managed on Google Domains and would like it to point to an Amazon route 53. I've configured the custom name servers on Google to point to the ones for my public hosted zone, and using WHOIS can confirm that these are the name servers being returned when I try to access the domain. The problem is that when I navigate to this domain in my browser it says "Server not found." I have an alias record set up in Route 53, of type A, that points to the Application Load Balancer running my application (and another alias for www.domain.com). When I hit "test record", and select type A it returns an IP address that I can go to and verify that it is running my app.

TLDR: WHOIS shows the Amazon name servers, testing the records in Route 53 returns IPs from an alias'd A record that are indeed hosting my app, but when I navigate to domain.com in my browser nothing happens.

Thanks!

I've tried updating the type of the record in Route 53 to both AAAA and CNAME (changing what they point to respectively) with no luck. I've tried destroying the hosted zone and making it again.

UPDATE: Feel quite stupid, but waiting ~36 hours worked. I guess it just took awhile, I was only expecting it to take up to 24.



No comments:

Post a Comment