2023-03-21

Chrome says my extension's manifest file is missing or unreadable 2023

I am new to coding as a whole. I am using ChatGPT to create an extension that displays the active price of a crypto coin. Once I can get it working I can then dissect what it took to create it and learn it from the bottom up. This is a training exercise I'm using to teach myself Python and other languages. Could you please assist me in understanding where I might be going wrong?

{
  "name": "Shiba Inu Price Tracker",
  "description": "Displays the current Shiba Inu price on CoinMarketCap.com",
  "version": "1.0",
  "manifest_version": 2,
  "icons": {
    "16": "icon16.png",
    "48": "icon48.png",
    "128": "icon128.png"
  },
  "browser_action": {
    "default_icon": {
      "16": "icon16.png",
      "48": "icon48.png",
      "128": "icon128.png"
    },
    "default_popup": "popup.html"
  },
  "permissions": [
    "http://localhost:5000/"
  ]
}

I used the existing stack overflow question from 10 years ago but none of the items worked. Items tried:

  1. The file is by itself and not inside another folder
  2. Checked name - "manifest.json" - Correct 3."Hide extensions for known file types" is not available on Chrome.
  3. Saved AS UTF-8
  4. Created New Folder
  5. Check with "https://jsonlint.com/"


No comments:

Post a Comment