2022-09-30

my application deploys on netlify when i build it locally but it doesnt work when i deploy it from github

Okay so i recently finished my portfolio and i wanted to host it on netlify through github but it failed.
Their docs and build log are so confusing that i do not know how to trouble shoot the problem. However, when i ran
npm run build
locally on my system and then i dragged it onto netlify, it worked.
I'm not saying i cant just keep doing this for all my websites but i would like to know any potential reason as to why it didn't work when i tried it from github.

For context, the current node version is 16 and the one i am using on my system is version 14. I'm not sure whether that is enough to affect the build from github but i just thought i would mention it. if However, that is a reason as to why it isn't deploying from github then how do i fix it?



No comments:

Post a Comment