2023-07-25

PyPi: twine missing METADATA, but it exists in .whl file

I was trying to upload an update to my package on PyPi but I noticed they have changed it so you have to use a pyproject.toml file. So I did follow steps on PyPi

  1. Created pyproject.toml
  2. Ran py -m build with no errors or warnings
  3. Ran twine check dist/* and both files passed
  4. Ran twine upload dist/* to upload, but got this error after the first file was uploaded:
Wheel '***_Ashenguard-3.2.0-py3-none-any.whl' does not contain the required METADATA file: ***_ashenguard-3.2.0.dist-info/METADATA

(*** = My package)

Then I opened the .whl file (Changed its suffix to zip and opened it) and checked the files inside and I saw the METADATA file in the path specified...

I tried searching but the only similar question I found was solved by adding the pyproject.toml



No comments:

Post a Comment