2022-10-16

How can I deploy a SvelteKit app using a webhosting service?

I'm a web developer, but terrible at networking, which is why I pay a web hosting service to do that for me. All I need to do is upload the files by FTP into a folder called /httpdocs, which is the website's root address, and it's up.

With Svelte Sapper this works fine by using the command npm run export, which produces a bundle containing an index.html. All I needed to add was a .htaccess file in the root, which looks like this. I'm unfamiliar with this syntax (again, networking is not my thing), but all I know is that the second line does the magic, redirecting all URL's to the domain to the root. Then Svelte takes care of the routing within the app.

 RewriteEngine on 
 RewriteBase / 
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ / [NC,L]

SvelteKit doesn't have an "export" npm script. It does have a "build" script, but that doesn't produce an index.html.

How can I export my app and create a bundle that I can upload to the web server?



No comments:

Post a Comment