2022-05-25

KStream disable local state strore

I am using Kafka Stream with Spring cloud Stream. Our application is stateful as it does some aggregation. When I run the app, I see the below ERROR message on the console. I am running this app in a Remote Desktop Windows machine.

Failed to change permissions for the directory C:\Users\andy\project\tmp
Failed to change permissions for the directory C:\Users\andy\project\tmp\my-local-local

But when the same code is deployed in a Linux box, I don't see the error. So I assume it an access issue.

As per our company policy, we do not have access to the change a folder's permission and hence chmod 777 did not work as well.

My question is, is there a way to disable creating the state store locally and instead use the Kafka change log topic to maintain the state. I understand this is not ideal, but it only for my local development. TIA.



No comments:

Post a Comment