2022-05-29

Is it possible to do USB-debugging on Android when Phone's USB port is already used?

Problem: I'd like to run an app on my Phone from my laptop, via USB, using Android Studio, while my phone is physically connected to another USB device (a remote controller for a drone).

In this case, I have:

  • My Laptop (MacBook running Android Studio Bumblebee)
  • My Phone (Samsung Galaxy with Android 11)
  • A controller for a DJI drone (which plugs directly into the Phone)

Problem is the phone obviously only has 1 USB port, so can't connect to both the laptop and the controller.

Question: Is it possible (with a USB hub or maybe connecting both phone and controller to computer?) to do usb debugging on phone from laptop while phone communicates via USB to controller?

Note: I have successfully connected laptop-to-phone with WIFI-debugging before, but the connection can be a bit slow and laggy so it would be nice if it was possible with USB. Additionally I am not able to do this while my phone is working as the internet hotspot for the laptop (so I need to bring in yet another hotspot device).



No comments:

Post a Comment