2022-02-25

Accessing running container (inside VM) from host OS

I have set up 3 Linux VM through multipass on my host Mac OSX. I have installed docker on these machines and started a 3 node docker swarm.

docker swarm init

After that, I have created 2 services one is for Postgres DB and the other is for drupal with the following command.

docker service create -d --name postgras-db --network test-swarm-network -e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=<password> postgres

docker service create -d  --name drupal-frontend --network test-swarm-network -p 80:80 drupal

Port 80:80 is exposed for drupal and both of these services are connected to the same overlay network. My services are up and running.

If I am doing everything on the host machine then I will simply do http://localhost:80 or http://localhost to get the desired output but now when running it in VM how I can test the drupal front from host MAC, i.e which IP to hit in the host browser to get the desired result.

P.S: There is nothing specific here about drupal (it could be any other container like Nginx etc), the question is about accessing running container (inside VM) from host OS



No comments:

Post a Comment