2021-05-29

AttributeError: 'DatabaseOperations' object has no attribute 'geo_db_type' QGIS Docker container to Heroku

There is a really old thread on stackoverflow here Getting 'DatabaseOperations' object has no attribute 'geo_db_type' error when doing a syncdb

but the difference that I have with their issue is that my containers have the POSTGIS and POSTGRES installed in. Specifically I used QGIS and the image is like so

db:

image: kartoza/postgis:13.0

volumes:

- postgis-data:/var/lib/postgresql

So locally I have two docker images - one is web and the other is the kartoza/postgis

I also have this as well in the settings.py file

import dj_database_url

db_from_env = dj_database_url.config(conn_max_age=500)

DATABASES['default'].update(db_from_env)

which should support the GIS data. I see all my packages gis, geolocation packages installed with no issues. But I am getting the above error when I run heroku run python manage.py migrate

The website runs with very limited functionality as the geo variables are needed to get you past the landing page.

The steps I have taken to deploy is

heroku create appname

heroku stack:set container -a appname

heroku addons:create heroku-postgresql:hobby-dev -a appname

heroku git:remote -a appname

git push heroku main

EDIT The db url on heroku is postgres://foobar:3242q34rq2rq32rf3q2rfq2q2r3vq23rvq23vr@er3-13-234-91-69.compute- I have also ran the below command and it shows that the db now takes GIS, but I still get the error

$ heroku pg:psql
create extension postgis;


from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/3fw3MPO
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment