2020-09-28

CSS utility library overrides my button style?

I'm trying to style a button by writing my own css but also using Tailwind for other styles.

My code for the button is as follows but some of the elements are crossed out.

button {
    margin-left: 10px; /*crossed out*/
    padding: 5px 25px; /*crossed out*/
    background-color:  rgba(2,68,62,1); /*crossed out*/
    border: none;
    border-radius: 10px;
    cursor: pointer; /*crossed out*/
    transition: all 0.3s ease 0s;
}

Is it because Tailwind already has default values for button? I know using !important is bad practice so how do I fix this? My html for the cta button is:

<a class="cta" href="#"><button>CONTACT</button></a>

If I reference .cta in my css, I can't change the actual CONTACT text; I wanted to use text-decoration: none.

I did set a * at the top of my css.

* {
    box-sizing: border-box;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    background-color: #b3b3b4;
}


from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/3cChsWc
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment