2023-10-24

GCP Colab Enterprise shared VPC connection

We are trying to use the Colab Enterprise offering (in Vertex AI) using a shared VPC (hosted in a different project). There is an organizational policy to block external IPs. I have added the Compute Network user permission to the service agent in the Shared VPC Host project, and the runtime template and the runtime are created successfully. But when I try to connect a notebook to the runtime, it tries connecting until a timeout, after which it fails. I checked the runtime logs, this is what I see:

cos.googleapis.com/container_name: "proxy-agent"
message: failed to list pending requests: 401
Your client does not have permission to the requested URL /tun/m/4592f09221234568f8016274df1b36a14/agent/pending

What can be the issue? I guess something networking or IAM related. If I create a runtime in a normal VPC (inside the same project), then the notebook can connect and it's working fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment