2023-09-21

Microsoft 365 Dynamic group validation rule error (Memberof)

I'm looking to create a dynamic MS365 group, I simply want to apply the following dynamic rule

user.memberof -any (group.objectId -in ['objectID1','objectID2'])

When going through documentation this should be fully supported, infact I have groups created months ago which use this exact syntax. When copying rules directly from these working groups, created exactly the same way, I get the same error:

Failed to create group x. Dynamic membership rule validation error: Wrong property applied

Any thoughts?

I attempted to create a Microsoft 365 Dynamic groups within Azure AD. When creating it with a specific rule used to capture members from multiple other assigned sec groups I am given the error

Failed to create group x. Dynamic membership rule validation error: Wrong property applied

Despite this working on groups in prod. I would expect this to function and create without issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment