2023-06-04

OpenMP multiple FIFO task queues

I am new to OpenMP so took some time to figure out the right way to ask the question so that its easier for experts to understand my queries.

I am been trying to formulate the best way to ask the problem: Previous attempts are:

Attempt1 Attempt2

But I think I have found the most parsimonious way to ask

Q: How can we implement a parallel set of FIFO task queues ?

So each queue can parallelly execute - but inside the queue - the execution order of tasks must be FIFO aka sequential.

We basically need a master thread that feeds the FIFO queues and a set of thread pools that picks from these queues and executes it as threads become available.

Hopefully this is the best way to ask instead of pseudo code examples



No comments:

Post a Comment