2022-07-19

Quickstart for Google Cardboard for Unity Plugin for Unity 2019.4.25f & later Doesn't Install The Samples Folder

I need to upgrade the Google Cardboard plugin in my VR apps. The Unity documentation says that we should use the Google Cardboard for Unity plugin because Unity no longer includes Google Cardboard. I'm using Unity 2019.4.37f.

I followed the steps to import the plugin using Git on link Quickstart for Google Cardboard for Unity. I saw the progress indicators while the plugin was installed. I went into XR Plug-in Management in Project Settings and checked Google XR Plugin.

I want to create the sample app so I can see what I need to update in my existing VR apps. The instructions say after the plugin is installed I should go to Assets/Samples/Google Cardboard//Hello Cardboard. When I go into the Package Manager window the plugin is not listed so I can't import the sample app.

Has anyone had this problem?

UPDATE: I submitted my issue to the GitHub GoogleVR/Cardboard repository. This link has more details. https://github.com/googlevr/cardboard/issues/360



No comments:

Post a Comment