2021-12-02

ESLint with Airbnb style guide does not work for all rules

Recently I started checking all various JavaScript style guides and I liked Airbnb the best.

However, when I configured ESLint with Airbnb style guide, I noticed that some rules defined in their docs are not checked at all. For example:

  1. Group all your consts and then group all your lets.
  2. Use shortcuts for booleans, but explicit comparisons for strings and numbers.
  3. Use // for single line comments. Place single line comments on a newline above the subject of the comment. Put an empty line before the comment unless it’s on the first line of a block.

So, if you take this code as an example:

const array = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5];
let foo = 'foo';
const bar = 'bar';

if (array.length) {
  console.log('Bar:', bar);
  // Chaniging foo
  foo = 'baz';
  console.log('Foo:', foo);
}

The linter should throw 3 errors:

  1. I didn't group all consts and then all lets, I defined them sequentially.
  2. I didn't use explicit comparation in if statement - array.length > 0
  3. I didn't add new line before my comment

However, linter does not throw any error. Does that mean that eslint-config-airbnb-base does not include all rules that Airbnb style guide suggests?



from Recent Questions - Stack Overflow https://ift.tt/3rq198v
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment